Benchmarking Categories Discussed by Andrew Gould
- Upstream Oil & Gas Benchmarking
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Corporate Benchmarking
- Leadership & Organisation Benchmarking
- Cost Benchmarking
- Performance Benchmarking
- Value Chain & Functional Benchmarking
- Supply Chain Benchmarking
- Service Company Benchmarking
- IOC / NOC Benchmarking
- What qualifies a non-engineer to lead some of the largest engineering companies in the world?
- Spectacular turnaround of Schlumberger’s fortunes: buoyant market conditions vs. Andrew Gould’s personal leadership.
- Why Schlumberger outperformed Halliburton, Baker Hughes and Weatherford.
- Are leaders born or made?
- CEO succession planning at Schlumberger.
- Biggest mistakes Andrew Gould made.
- Why has Andrew Gould been courted vigorously by the Russians and Saudis?
- The real reasons why supermajors lost favour with NOC’s and why power (and profits) shifted to the service companies.
- Peak oil demand.
- Outlook for renewables / energy mix.
- Innovation in the energy sector.
- Board Member Saudi Aramco
- Board Member Letter1 Energy
- Former Chairman BG Group
- Former Chairman & CEO Schlumberger
Andrew Gould is a member of the Boards of Saudi Aramco and Letter1 Energy.
He was Chairman of BG Group PLC, from May 2012 until its sale to Royal Dutch Shell in February 2016.
Prior to this, Mr. Gould was Chairman of Schlumberger from August 2011 until April 2012 and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Schlumberger Limited from February 2003 to July 2011. In previous assignments he was President and Chief Operating Officer, Schlumberger Limited, Executive Vice President Oilfield Services, President of Schlumberger Wireline and Testing, and President of Sedco Forex. He previously held a series of positions in finance and management in Asia, Europe and the United States.
Mr. Gould was a member of the Board of Directors of BG Group PLC from June 2011 to 2016 and Schlumberger Limited from 2002 to 2012. He sat on the Boards of Rio Tinto PLC and Rio Tinto Limited until May 2012 where he was Senior Independent Director and Chairman of the remuneration committee.
He is a member of the Board of Trustees of The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
He served on the United Kingdom Prime Minister’s Council for Science and Technology from 2004 to 2007. He was Vice Chairman Technology for the United States National Petroleum Councils’ 2007 report “Facing the Hard Truths about Energy”.
Gould joined Schlumberger in 1975 in Paris, after working for Ernst & Young. He received his degree in economic history from the University of Wales at Cardiff and qualified as a Chartered Accountant. He holds an honorary Doctorate in Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines and is an honorary Fellow of Cardiff University.